A Denver week of workshops with one of the most whimsical and creative teachers of tango.
Registration Open: May 8 - 15, 2023
"Tango is a Playground for Adults"
Brigitta Winkler is my primary inspiration and most significant tango mentor from the first time I met her in Buenos Aires in 1996. Brigitta Winkler lives in Berlin and New York, and has been one of the most significant originators of the Tango Revival in Europe and the US. She started tango in 1982 a few years before tango started up agin in Argentina. She learned initially from dancers in the original cast of the show "Tango Argentino", and then via frequent visits to the intense Buenos Aires milongas of the 1980s. As a result of this history, Brigitta is a bridge between the young dancers learning in the 1980s & 90s and the elder generation of the 1930s & 40s.
I've had the pleasure of inviting Brigitta to Teach frequently in Denver, and I've worked extensively with her over the years. I visited Moscow with Brigitta and Cacho Dante in the early 2000s where we taught at the two first "Moscow Milonguero Festivals."
Be prepared for Brigitta's trademark games, playfulness and insights. Brigitta intends for people to do both lead and follow.
Brigitta Winkler Workshop Schedule
- Tuesday May 9, 6:30 - 7:30: "Welcome to Brigitta" Tango Colorado Practice, DTV
- Wednesday May 10 6:00 & 8:00: "Milonguero Workshops", DTV Basement - $55.
- Saturday May 14 1:00 & 2:30: "Saturday Workshops", DTV Basement - $55.
- Sunday May 15 1:30 & 3:00: "Sunday Workshops", Avalon BTC - $55
- Sunday May 15 6:30 - 9:30: "FREE - Tom & Analii Celebration Milonga", Avalon BTC
- DTV-Basement: Denver Turnverein, 1570 N Clarkson St, Denver, CO
- Avalon-BTC: Avalon Boulder Tango Studio, 6185 Arapahoe Rd, Boulder, CO